Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Model 19"s

  1. #11
    Inactive Member DavidH's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2002
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the info. I just took the horns out,
    I think I will put some silicone with a surgical
    tape wrap, that certainly should dampen the ring.
    Both of my HF drivers have stickers with the #
    27-03-033952 on the back. They don't have any
    brand stamped on them. From what I can tell, all
    of the 800 series drivers had an altec logo or
    raised Altec letters. Do you think these are
    rebuilds? They sound great,however they were
    advertised as original model 19's. The cabinets
    are definately original. Maybe I should just go
    with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Also the
    above mentioned # is not an altec part #.
    Dave

  2. #12
    Inactive Member gearjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2002
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Dave The number is correct,altec did not always put labels on drivers that were installed in factory cabinets. By the way did you pick those up in lewisville tx.?

  3. #13
    Inactive Member DavidH's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2002
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep Lewisville...The gentleman was moving, time crunch was on therefore packing/crating was something he didn't have to do with me. I was 30 min. away, loaded them in my pick-up. I need to do some cosmetic work on them but at least I'm not in the garage trying to build cabinets. I want to redo the grills and re-glue the black vinyl. They do sound good, I was just really wondering about the different serial numbers. One woofer has a different magnet section also from the other 416-8b that is factory Altec.
    Dave

  4. #14
    Inactive Member gearjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2002
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Dave If they sound good and put a grin on your face that is all that matters. I would not worry about a mismatched woofer magnet,just clean them up oil the wood and maybe get speaker spikes instead of trying to replace the bottom riser.I would not get caught up in the debate about alnico and ceramic drivers unless you are a collector.If music is what drives you just crank it up!!!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member DavidH's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2002
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello gearjammer
    I have done all of the above, especially in the
    "crank it up" department.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You also had mentioned going with the 511 horn but I don't think it would fit in the Model 19 enclosure.

  7. #17
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Altec used internal part numbers in a ##-##-###### format. The numbers on the drivers is the internal part number Altec used for that system. They saved money doing it that way - no rear covers, decals, etc., to buy.

    Also - the 511 will NOT fit in the Model 19 enclosure.

    - Todd

    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  8. #18
    Inactive Member DavidH's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2002
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Gearjammer
    One more question, how did you know that was a
    valid Altec serial number? I looked at the part
    numbers on Great Plains link and it did not match
    anything. Where might I find that number?
    Thanks
    Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.